Saturday, September 08, 2007

WE ARE ENGAGED COUPLE!!

Click on photos for larger size

A Family Portrait in August

I proposed properly to Lauren at Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. There was going to be a Fireworks show that night as a benefit for the Longwood Fire Company, a Chester County PA volunteer fire company.

The Italian Water Gardens

Inside Longwood Gardens I knew ahead of time, since I have been there many times, that I wanted to propose at the Italian Gardens. There is a large lake there also and this makes the place very cool on a hot day like it was this day. I was hoping to have the engagement ring by now but there was problems in getting it shipped out in time for today. Lauren's mother, who has been wonderful threw all this, bought a cheap one at a clothing shop for me to put on her finger at the right time.

Lauren had to work this Saturday as she has to most of them, and I got off from work because in work the knew why I needed off. Her mother knew about my plans also as did 2 of Lauren's friends that I contacted via
MySpace.

Her mother was going to watch our son. Her mother did lay out some clothes for Lauren to wear that day. When Lauren got home from work she put them on and wondered if something special was going to happen that day. We also made sure she had her cellphone so she could call people.

I drove us to Longwood Gardens and parked at the far end of parking lot near exit road. This was for afterwards as Longwood is not use to handling the mass exit of people and there was times when I worked to 10 PM and I still saw backed up traffic at almost mid-night. I gave her the tickets to hold as I was sure she or her mother would want to scrap book them later.

Lauren, will you marry me?
Since I knew it would be cool here and a nice lovely place there would be people around to get a picture of me doing the proposing. At first it was very crowded so we walked along the Large Lake to the other end and it was not as crowded but it was hot.

I noticed that a guy volunteered and asked some other people if they wanted him to take their picture. So Lauren knew I asked him to take ours because I said we should get a picture of us together here and she agreed. What she didn't know was that I told him what was going to happen and be ready for it.

It was short and sweet along the lines of "Lauren I LOVE you, Will you marry me?" She said "YES" very quickly. The picture here is me asking her. We had a kiss afterwards to seal the deal. I gave her the ring her mother picked up for me to give to her until the REAL one shows up.

I expected her to call her girlfriends but she didn't have their numbers in her new Phone. We went and sat in the shade and told her her 2 bffs knew the plans and her response? "I'm going to kill them" After that we walked around a bit enjoying the gardens and waiting for the fireworks to begin at 8:45PM. I would want a kiss and a hug every so often, and she would give me one. She did call her mother thou.

She found out I wasn't lying about the fireworks as they did say it benefited the local fire company. Near the end we decided to head for car as we were hungry. We got out of there very quickly and headed for pizza.

Lauren said YES!!
At Pat's Pizzaria in Glen Mills for a bite to eat on way home afterwards. Waiting for the Cheese Fries and Cheese Steak.

Does she not look so beautiful with the temporary replacement ring on? I am sure she will look so much better with the real ring if it every gets here.


After that we headed for home and the end of the night. So it looks like I am getting married again.

Bob

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home