Saturday, August 20, 2005


My Trip To Tyler Arboretum














Well, another day of vacation. Today I started to go to Historic Philadelphia but on the way could not find what cash I had in bank. Money was missing from bank account and I had an Idea where it was. Was from golf outing 2 days ago. So I changed plans to go to Tyler Arboretum in Media, PA which is close to where I live.

It cost $5.00 this year to walk around the trails. There are 8 trails from 1 mile long to 8 1/2 miles long. The go threw gardens and woods. Some are easy to hike and some are steep.

Today I choose the 2.3 mile long PINK trail as I never hiked that one before. When I go here I usally end up in Ridley Creek State park which is next to Tyler by crossing over into it somehow. Well, today was hot and as you can see from the self pic I was sweating during the hike. I will say this was at the end. I got to see some game birds and deer during the hike. Something I got to see and was not on hiking mape was the ruins of something.

I got the chance to reflect about my life and what I am doing in it. I have recently been dealing with mortality issues as I have out lived an older brother, and my younger brother by 5 years has had a heart attch already. They are both more fit then me but it is something I think about. My mother died when she was 54 but father lived to 68. But the I always kid that I was adopted as I am the only Robert in the family. There are many Thomas and Kenneth to fill a Thanksgiving Day Dinner Table. And we have done that too.

Until next post take care and thanks for reading this
Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home